Saturday 21 January 2012

Keeping Track


When I was younger I thought I had an excellent memory and I probably did.  I can’t say the same about my memory now – it is terrible.  Sometimes I can even forget what I did the previous day.

I guess it is easier when you are 10 or 12 years old to remember things.  First, there are fewer things you have to remember, and second, anything that strayed from the routine of school, family, friends, and (for me) swim club was remarkable and I would take note of it.

Nowadays I would definitely not use the word routine to describe my life.  In the last few years alone I have moved 7 times going between Tsawwassen, Ottawa and Sweden.  With each place comes a different group of friends, daily tasks and activities.

While change can be a good thing, constant change can make it difficult to keep track of things.  I’m starting this blog because when my memory fails me, which it often does, I can look back and be like ‘Oh right that’s what I was doing this time last year.’

I invite you to follow along and share in my experiences as I record the ever-changing happenings of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment