Thursday 1 March 2012

My Future is Bright-on!


Today I received some excellent news... I will be completing the final semester of my undergrad at the University of Brighton!!!  England was my first choice so I am super excited!

I have opted to take the Fall semester of 2012 off school to work and save up before going on exchange so I won't be going to England until 2013.  That is what I did before my exchange to Sweden and it worked out splendidly.  The only downside is that I won't officially graduate until October 2013.

An interesting fact about the semester in Brighton is that it runs from February until June, which means I will be able to experience three seasons while I am there - end of Winter, Spring and the beginning of Summer.  Another cool thing is I get a 3 week break in the middle of the semester.  Talk about the perfect time to travel!

This afternoon I was unable to concentrate on my current schoolwork despite my best efforts.  Ok actually I didn't try very hard.  Anyways, I set to work searching the internet for videos and pictures of Brighton to gather a sense of what my next exchange is going to be like.  I found a really cool artistic video and another youtube video that I posted below.  Watch them and join in my excitement!

So far I've had about ten people already tell me they want to come visit me in Brighton, including my mom, my two older sisters, Barb and Kathryn, and my older brother, Will, with his girlfriend Darby.  Family holiday in England?  Sure sounds good to me!  I have a feeling after the rest of you watch the videos more than a few of you will want to visit as well.  Part of me still can't believe I get to go.  How lucky am I!?


No comments:

Post a Comment