Sunday 5 February 2012

Birthday Bowling



Instead of planning a birthday party and asking for gifts, this year I decided to invite my friends to join me at the Rotaract Club of Ottawa’s Bowl-a-thon.  All the proceeds from the evening went to the Ottawa Rotary Home – a respite care facility for families and individuals with disabilities.  We raised $1340 in total!

It was fun evening of bowling.  As well as my Rotaract friends, my friends Alyssa, Ann, Erika R. and her boyfriend Brendyn, Melissa, and Vanessa came out.  They, unfortunately for me, had no qualms with beating the birthday girl.  I had the lowest score both games and the most gutter-balls!  Erika had the highest combined score on the team and seemed to get strikes and spares left, right, and center.  Ann and Brendyn had their fair share as well.  Alyssa accomplished the impressive feat of getting three strikes in a row in the 9th and 10th frames of the first game.  Vanessa and Melissa held their own as well.  And me, well I did manage to pull off two strikes while performing the “granny” style of bowling when I basically given up.

It was a good night!  Thanks to everyone that came out and celebrated with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment