Sunday 5 February 2012

Winterlude Fireworks



Friday night was the opening of Winterlude – Ottawa’s winter celebration.  I had no clue.  I knew Winterlude was in February and that I should probably check it out since it will be my last chance but I didn’t really pay close attention to the specifics.  So being the super cool person that I am, I was spending my Friday night cleaning my room.  That was until I got a text from my friend Mark, “Are you going to the fireworks tonight?” 

Once he filled me in and after a little prodding he convinced me, and Melissa who was hanging out with me while I cleaned, to venture back out into the cold and boy am I glad I did.  The fireworks display was probably the best I’ve ever seen.  Better than the Celebration of Light in Vancouver and even better than the fireworks display at the Eiffel Tower in Paris on Bastille Day.

As well as the fireworks there were ice slides, an outdoor dance party, a giant blow-up beaver and the Winterlude groundhogs, and dancing groundhog mascots.

I’ve included a short video of a part of the fireworks display (it was like 20 mins long) and a few pictures.  





















Sea of people trying to leave after the fireworks!





No comments:

Post a Comment